Break the Silence
Defend DemocracyHuman Rights
India is witnessing an unprecedented right-wing authoritarian shift
- Help push against the systematic dismantling of democracy in India.
- Raise awareness about the deteriorating political situation and human rights violations.
- Call for the release of all political prisoners held by the Indian government.
- Build pressure on the German government to make human rights non-negotiable.
# FREE BK 16
The “Bhima Koregaon case” (BK16) is one of the most blatant instances of repression on democratic rights defenders in the country. Sixteen activists, academics, advocates, authors and cultural artists have been imprisoned since 2018 for defending the rights of those repressed by the government. Their imprisonment was justified on the basis of fabricated evidence. The 84 year old Father Stan Swamy was the first one of the 16 to pay with his life. The Adivasi rights activist died in jail due to medical negligence in July 2021.
We are a network of citizens like you. We are not willing to look away.
What can you do?
· Volunteer some of your time and skills for our campaign
· Share and write content on social media regarding the situation in India
· Talk about the situation with friends, colleagues, influencers and politicians
Open letter to parliamentarians regarding the visit of Narendra Modi on the occasion of the 6th Indo-German Government Consultations
Together with Berlin for India and India Solidarity Germany, we have sent an open
On the occasion of the release of the film "The Kashmir Files", which was
For Access Link and details, click here
26th January 2022, on the occasion of India’s Republic Day, we began a week-long
RT @PUCLindia: PUCL welcomes initial step towards complete repeal of the Sedition law! Read the full press statement here: https://t.co/…Read More
RT @Hindus4HR: Today's #IndianPrisonerOfConscience is Arun Ferreira, the human rights lawyer who was arrested in June 2018 on trumped-up ch…Read More
Plotting a Hindu Rashtra: Inside the hate-filled world of India’s Trads via @scroll_inRead More
The Hasdeo forest in Chhattisgarh’s Korba, Sarguja and Surajpur districts covers an area of 170,000 ha. It includes an important elephant migration corridor. It also encompasses the catchment area o...Read More
RT @hrw: European Leaders Should Raise Human Rights Concerns with Modi #IndiaRead More