Break the Silence
Defend DemocracyHuman Rights
India is witnessing an unprecedented right-wing authoritarian shift
- Help push against the systematic dismantling of democracy in India.
- Raise awareness about the deteriorating political situation and human rights violations.
- Call for the release of all political prisoners held by the Indian government.
- Build pressure on the German government to make human rights non-negotiable.
# FREE BK 16
The “Bhima Koregaon case” (BK16) is one of the most blatant instances of repression on democratic rights defenders in the country. Sixteen activists, academics, advocates, authors and cultural artists have been imprisoned since 2018 for defending the rights of those repressed by the government. Their imprisonment was justified on the basis of fabricated evidence. The 84 year old Father Stan Swamy was the first one of the 16 to pay with his life. The Adivasi rights activist died in jail due to medical negligence in July 2021.
We are a network of citizens like you. We are not willing to look away.
What can you do?
· Volunteer some of your time and skills for our campaign
· Share and write content on social media regarding the situation in India
· Talk about the situation with friends, colleagues, influencers and politicians
'Every single government authority, whose job it is to safeguard human rights, has actively
Berlin, 11 Dec 2021 Through an interactive street performance on 10 December, International Human
Still, it will take a week for her to be freed. Umang Poddar 02
Cyberangriffe und Repression im Bhima Koregaon-Fall by Line Fleig Die Strafverfolgung ist zu einem
#India: Dangerous Backsliding on Rights | 2022 Report by Human Rights Watch. #FreeThemAll #BK16Read More
Indian authorities intensified their crackdown on activists, journalists, and other critics of the government using politically motivated prosecutions in 2021, Human Rights Watch said in its World Rep...Read More
RT @CIVICUSalliance: 🇮🇳 CPSC & @Peopleswatch are facing judicial harassment on the allegations of conspiracy & illegal foreign funding with…Read More
#Indien späht gezielt Menschenrechtsaktivist*innen und Anwälte/Anwältinnen mit #Pegasus aus. #BK16 #MenschenrechteRead More
RT @project_polis: How is demanding protection for the Indian land a seditionist move? #FreeHidmeRead More