Break the Silence
Defend DemocracyHuman Rights
India is witnessing an unprecedented right-wing authoritarian shift
- Help push against the systematic dismantling of democracy in India.
- Raise awareness about the deteriorating political situation and human rights violations.
- Call for the release of all political prisoners held by the Indian government.
- Build pressure on the German government to make human rights non-negotiable.
# FREE BK 16
The “Bhima Koregaon case” (BK16) is one of the most blatant instances of repression on democratic rights defenders in the country. Sixteen activists, academics, advocates, authors and cultural artists have been imprisoned since 2018 for defending the rights of those repressed by the government. Their imprisonment was justified on the basis of fabricated evidence. The 84 year old Father Stan Swamy was the first one of the 16 to pay with his life. The Adivasi rights activist died in jail due to medical negligence in July 2021.
We are a network of citizens like you. We are not willing to look away.
What can you do?
· Volunteer some of your time and skills for our campaign
· Share and write content on social media regarding the situation in India
· Talk about the situation with friends, colleagues, influencers and politicians
We, independent cultural workers, academics, activists and concerned Indian citizens living in Berlin, and
Open letter to parliamentarians regarding the visit of Narendra Modi on the occasion of the 6th Indo-German Government Consultations
Together with Berlin for India and India Solidarity Germany, we have sent an open
On the occasion of the release of the film "The Kashmir Files", which was
For Access Link and details, click here
RT @KasbeAjay12: Lyrics by Shahir Sagar Gorkhe Sung by Adv Surendra Gadling! #FreeBk16 #evidenceplanted #FreeAllPoliticalPrisoners #Azad…Read More
#India | Gompad massacre: Villagers say security forces killed 16 people in 2009. But the Supreme Court has dismissed their plea for a CBI investigation.Read More
Violence Against Indian Muslims Must Be Urgently Investigated. „There is credible evidence to suggest that serious violations of human rights … were committed in a systemic manner ... It’s hi...Read More
RT @karwanemohabbat: #VaravaraRao granted bail ✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼 Varavara Rao is no stranger to being imprisoned, but the poet and activist is also t…Read More